Happy Friday! I decided to cook breakfast this morning instead of having my usual. I normally don’t cook in the morning as I don’t have the time but it was a nice change today. I decided to get creative and make Peanut Butter-Stuffed French Toast with Bananas (a Dishin’ original).
I am running a 4 mile race next weekend in York, Maine and ran 3.7 miles this morning. What’s a better way to “refuel” than having a big, healthy breakfast? Well, it’s a good excuse anyway. 😉
This little creation only took about 10 minutes to make, start to finish. The flavor combination was great and very tasty.
Here’s my recipe…
PB-Stuffed French Toast with Bananas
2 slices whole wheat bread (I used Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Tuscan Style – it’s excellent!)
1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter (or regular, if you prefer)
1 egg white
Dash of cinnamon
½ banana, sliced
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
Dash of powdered sugar
- Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread.
- Top with another slice of bread and cut in half, as if you were making a sandwich.
- Add egg white to a bowl, add dash of cinnamon and whisk lightly.
- Generously dip half the peanut butter “sandwich” in the egg mixture to fully coat. Repeat with the other half.
- Add the bread to a pan sprayed with cooking oil, over medium heat.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, top stuffed French toast with sliced bananas, maple syrup and a dash of powdered sugar.
- Enjoy with a glass of non-fat milk (optional).
Estimated calories: 375 (plus milk)
Have a great weekend! Hopefully we’ll see our share of sun here in Boston (it’s about time)!