This pasta dish incorporates some of my favorite things including cheese, summer squash and spinach! It’s full of fiber thanks to the veggies, white beans and whole wheat pasta which means it’s filling. Don’t worry, it’s really flavorful and healthy too!
Quick & Easy Summer Pasta
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 summer squash, sliced and quartered
2 c. dry whole wheat pasta
1/2 c. white beans (canned is fine)
2 c. fresh spinach
2 tbsp. goat cheese
1 tbsp. pesto (bottled is fine)
Cooking spray (olive oil, if possible)
salt and pepper to taste
parsley to taste
1. Cook pasta according to directions
2. While the pasta cooking, spray a saute pan with olive oil.
3. Add minced garlic and saute for a minute or two so garlic browns.
4. Add summer squash to saute pan and stir on occasion for five minutes.
5. Add spinach and white beans to pan and saute for another minute. Remove pan from heat.
6. When pasta is done, drain well and then add the pesto to the cooked pasta. Mix well to coat pasta.
7. Add the sauteed vegetables to the pasta and stir.
8. Mix in a sprinkle of salt and pepper as well as the goat cheese and stir gently.
9. Transfer pasta to individual plate or bowl and sprinkle parsley on top for presentation and flavor.
PS – Regarding my “5 pounds in 7 days” weight loss plan, I’ve dropped a pound as of this morning. That being said, I didn’t follow the plan exactly so I wasn’t expecting a five pound loss. As long as my weight isn’t going up, I’m happy! 🙂 Hopefully the plan will keep me eating healthy!