Happy weekend! This week flew by for me because I was preparing for a work event taking place next week. My busy week resulted in a lack of blog posts but I just made some yummy pancakes that I thought I would share with you.
I love the weekends because I have time to make a better breakfast than I do during the week. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast? This morning I threw together some Whole Wheat Banana and Dark Chocolate Pancakes – that’s a mouthful!
I wasn’t sure how they’d come out because the batter was fluffier than I expected but they turned out nice and tasty! I didn’t notice a difference in flavor by using whole wheat flour vs. all-purpose which was a bonus, because whole wheat is much healthier. And, the addition of dark chocolate chips adds some yummy antioxidants.
Whole Wheat Banana and Dark Chocolate Pancakes
Makes 3-4 pancakes
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 egg, beaten
1/2 c. skim milk
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients until well blender.
2. Add the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. The batter will be fluffy.
4. Grease a skillet and add about 1/4 c. of batter for each pancake.
5. Once the batter is on the skillet, add sliced bananas and dark chocolate chips.
6. Cook pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side.