Did you have a good weekend? I did. It was busy but fun! It was a treat to “party” on Sunday night to watch the Super Bowl. While I was rooting for the Saints, I was also there to watch the commercials and of course, eat!
The game was a good one and it was accompanied by some delicious food – both savory and sweet! Pizza dip. Pigs in a Blanket. Veggies and dip. Cookies!
I brought Buffalo Chicken Dip to the party. It’s totally addicting. I even made it a bit healthier by using low-fat cheeses.
Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip (serves 8 people)
8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
¼ c. reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
¼ c. reduced fat blue cheese dressing
¼ c. hot sauce
1 can of chicken in water, drained
½ c. reduced fat mozzarella (2%)
- Layer the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate with the cream cheese.
- Top cream cheese with blue cheese crumbles.
- Top crumbles with chicken and top with hot sauce.
- Pour blue cheese dressing over hot sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the dip.
- Bake dip for 25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until mozzarella is melted.
- Enjoy with crackers or veggies.
Don’t worry, I didn’t forget about dessert. I have been drooling over eyeing the recipe for Peanut Butter Blondies with Milk Chocolate Frosting from Joy the Baker. These treats were sweet and delicious! You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate – two of my favorite ingredients! I especially loved the fluffy frosting. Thanks, Joy!
I really enjoyed the Super Bowl this year and like the Saints, our food was also a winner!
What was your favorite Super Bowl treat? What was your favorite commercial?